ACRON Acquires Certified Sustainable Office Property in Leudelingen, Luxembourg
Düsseldorf, Germany; April 21, 2022 – ACRON has acquired a shareholding in Wooden SA, which currently constructs the fully leased WOODEN office building that is certified to the WELL Building Standard® and is rated BREEAM “Excellent.” The building is situated at the meeting point between three countries: France, Belgium, and Germany. Up-and-coming Leudelingen in Luxembourg has experienced robust growth in recent years and is attracting an increasing number of companies seeking a forward-looking location for their businesses in the Luxembourg metropolitan area. The expected total investment in the first wooden office building of this size in Luxembourg is an amount in the high double-digit millions of euros.
According to Kai Bender, Managing Director of ACRON GmbH, “The acquisition of a stake in the fully leased WOODEN office building being constructed according to the environmental state-of-the-art will enable us to provide German investors, among others, with a direct investment in a sustainable property. By putting their money into this project, investors have the best possible outlook for a stable investment with a promising future.”
Wooden SA is the owner of the WOODEN office property with its 9,462 sqm of usable space, which is fully leased to financial powerhouses. Going forward, the building will be home to the head office of Bâloise Assurances Luxembourg, among other companies. Bâloise is leasing around 82% of the total leasable area for up to 15 years. The remaining approximately 18% will be occupied by CLE (Compagnie Luxembourgeoise d’Entreprises) until at least the end of 2028.
The first wooden office building of this size in Luxembourg is a first mover in a sought-after location in Leudelingen. Its increasing importance and rapid development have already made Leudelingen the main agglomeration in Luxembourg, placing the city among the top sites for real estate in the country.
Tenants are expected to be able to move into the WOODEN property starting by end 2022.
This investment is open to semi-professional and professional investors from Germany by way of ACRON LUX REAL ESTATE I S.C.S. (ISIN: LU2399210942), which was specifically set up for this purpose. Once the investment in this club deal is fully placed with 10 to 15 investors, the composition of this group of investors is unlikely to change before exit. The company’s goal is to develop WOODEN, hold and manage the property, and later sell it at a profit.
BREEAM is the world’s leading sustainability assessment method for the entire lifecycle of buildings from new construction to use and renovation. WOODEN holds a BREEAM “Excellent” rating. The WELL building standard is a tool for properties and organizations to use in constructing better thought out and designed spaces that promote human health and well-being. The types of wood used in the property are sourced exclusively from sustainable forestry from PEFC-certified forests in the greater Luxembourg area. When one tree is felled, one or two new trees are planted.
ACRON at a glance
Founded in Düsseldorf in 1981, the ACRON Group specializes in real estate club deals and has been headquartered in Zurich since 1988. All of ACRON’s real estate projects are based on a single-asset structure and are sold in Switzerland, Germany, Austria, and the United States. The company’s transaction volume amounted to more than CHF 2.18 billion in January 2022. ACRON’s clients are individual private investors, institutional investors, and families from around the world. The ACRON Group’s headquarters are located in Zurich (Switzerland) with subsidiaries in Düsseldorf (Germany); Luxemburg; Dallas (USA); and Sâo Paulo (Brazil). www.acron.de , www.acron.ch
Kai Bender, ACRON GmbH, Düsseldorf, Germany
+49 211 91 24 100
Tabea Müller, ACRON GmbH, Düsseldorf, Germany
Head of Marketing
+49 211 91 24 102